Monday, March 29, 2010

Webinars.......convenient, fun, informational, but........

I decided to try out a few different webinars, mostly just to sample what is really out there. I have done several WebJunction webinars in the past(one which was on rural libraries and programming, which I REALLY enjoyed, and learned a great deal from), and I frequently use webinars to learn things that I feel uninformed about (Lately my time here at the library has been so limited, however.)
I tried the archived webinar (I am playing catch up here) "Using the Picturing America program in Public Libraries," because we were a recipient of this particular grant, and I wanted to be able to learn how to use it to its fullest potential. This webinar was very informative, and offered some nice discussion on a few of the images, as well as ideas for programming, and using the materials for specific purposes, such as "objectives" given by local government.
As much as I enjoy webinars, I do find it necessary to take extra time to be in the library before it is opens, so that I can effectively concentrate (I am easily distracted) which can make it difficult to take advantage of this great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment