Monday, January 25, 2010

Social Networking. Amazing connection tool.

Our 23 things challenge this past week (yes, I am ridiculously behind), was to create a social networking account. Well, I have had a Facebook account for a few years now, and I created a page for my library about 3 months ago. My library has many more fans than I ever dreamed, and it is exciting to relay news to our patrons through this medium.
I am always really, really surprised when I think about how (my personal) Facebook has changed my attitude about many people in a very positive way. It also helps to connect and network in very unique and beneficial ways, to people associated with the various job incarnations I have. I have connections now with folks I have sung and performed with professionally and locally, librarian friends and professionals, and also lots of friendships and connections to other consultants and other home office staff at Creative Memories...the company that I am connected to through my home based business. I constantly gain new ideas and perspectives to use in all of my professional mediums from many different people and areas.
I am a bit wary of adding my blog to my Facebook page, however, as this is probably the most boring and basic blog EVER. :) But here goes nothing!

3 comments:

  1. Boy this page is beautiful. I might know you would fix it so so nicely. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. also woefully behind: me!
    any chance you may want to add me to your facebook page so I may complete week TWO?!?!? holy cow. on to getting it done!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/mandolin79?ref=profile
    shoot me a message if this works for you!
    thanks...
    Mandy Cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff!
    Let me know if you ever need help with 23things KS.
    ~royce
    roycekitts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete