Thursday, January 14, 2010

Always late

Well, I have discovered that my recent caveat to maintaining my blog....is remembering my password, hence my tardiness in doing another post. Good gravy.
Having said that, I have truly enjoyed reading the thoughts and hopes of the public librarians around Kansas. How fantastic is it that we have an outlet for our orderly, dewey decimal system filled brains......that are actually also very creative as well. I mean, who else can switch from such a black and white activity such as alphabetizing and categorizing; and then dream up some fantastic program involving the arts, or fishing, or baking a cake? I think only librarians can!
I began to teach my Dad (who was visiting the other night), some of the things 23 things encompasses. I was showing him my blog, when my Mom called. When she asked what he was doing, his reply? "Learning about blogs." My Mom laughed and asked when he was going to make his own blog. He told her he thought he would leave the blogging to me, but he was interested in facebook. The best part of showing him facebook? Having him look at the profiles of folks with the names of former classmates....and him thinking almost all of them were the person he was looking for! It was great. ;)
Well, happy blogging, friends.....and on to the 22 other things. As Buzz Lightyear says: "to infinity and beyond!"

2 comments:

  1. That's great you are teaching others through 23 things Kansas. I am a clerk at the 'cozy' Hillsboro Public library. We are just getting used to using a website, so this will be new to us! Stop by my blog, and click on the link to check out my library fan page. thanks
    ~~ Roberta, Hillsboro library clerk ~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let FireFox remember your passwords for you - that's how I survive...
    Sharon (NEKLS)

    ReplyDelete